Thanking contributors - how?

Announcements regarding Lipstickfetish.org, plus discussions on site features and support

What's the best way to show appreciation for a post? (Please read the first post before voting.)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 pm

The Karma feature.
50%
The Thank You feature.
31%
The Topic Rating feature.
11%
I don't post frequently, but I don't think anything is needed.
6%
I post frequently, but I don't think anything is needed.
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: Thanking contributors - how?

Postby Dr Octagon » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 pm

I think that any post needs to be for the love of what you are doing, not to get regognition. I also think that quality over quantity matters a great deal.

This may be classed as a "Thank you" feature, but how about a system like youtube, where you can select Like or Dislike and it show the number of votes for each. I use it a great deal on youtube for when I like a video but don't really have much to say, other than thanks or I like it.

I also think that the Karma feature is good to start off with, but its creating a bit of a members only club, or something to show off about as it will presuamibly be next to your profile pic. I think the Thank you feature is a way to thank someone for that particular post.

But then again, after a week or two, most posts slip off the front page never to be seen again, so its all short term glory.

Maybe if we had lots more regular posters it would be more benificial.
Dr Octagon
Resident
Resident

Thanks given: 333 times
Thanks received: 141 times

Previous

Return to Announcements and Site Support