Better Communication

Announcements regarding Lipstickfetish.org, plus discussions on site features and support

Better Communication

Postby Turtle152 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am

Tampitzel, who was recently banned from the site, has re-registered under the name Fabia, and is once again posting links to bootlegged Kira Star videos. The thing is, I don't think this person is aware that he's doing anything wrong. I don't think a person would keep doing the same thing over and over if they knew they were going to be repeatedly deleted and eventually banned a second time. There could be a language barrier problem going on here (I don't know what country this person lives in), but I think maybe it's something else. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming administrators notify members that there are messages waiting for them here, but never send actual messages directly to the member's e-mail inbox. Tampitzel/Fabia has gotten a lot of messages about his violations from both administrators and fellow members, but I don't think he's seen any of the messages, maybe because they got posted here but didn't get sent directly to his inbox. And I suspect that the reason the Buddha controversy dragged on as long as it did was because she took awhile to come to the site and read the messages for her that had accumulated here. As a way of improving communication, I think new registrants should be given the option of giving administrators permission to send messages straight to their inbox, if the subject is important enough (like, "One more slip-up and you're banned"). If they're promised that this line of communication will only be used when absolutely necessary, and not for things like spam or site announcements, I think a lot of people would consent to it.
Turtle152
Lip Obsessive
Lip Obsessive

Thanks given: 1444 times
Thanks received: 1014 times

Re: Better Communication

Postby Wolfboy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:34 am

Apologies for not responding to this. Fabia has now been banned as well, obviously. I don't think communication is the problem really, as in 98% of cases the people are perfectly aware when they're breaking the rules. There is a warning system in place similar to what you describe, but it's used for when things get a little heated. An obvious spammer or spam-bot is banned immediately.
Wolfboy
LipstickFetish.Org
LipstickFetish.Org

Thanks given: 77 times
Thanks received: 62 times

Return to Announcements and Site Support