Problem with Googling

Announcements regarding Lipstickfetish.org, plus discussions on site features and support

Problem with Googling

Postby JonQ2 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:47 pm

I was approaching the forums via Google ('Lipstick Fetish' search) today, and when I clicked on the top result (the LFF index page link) I found it was trying to redirect me and install virus/malware on my system.
Virus checker etc. was catching it so I tried it a few more times, and lo and behold, each time it tries to redirect and dump crap on my system.
It appears that there is something very definitely amiss.
JonQ2

Re: Problem with Googling

Postby Lipstick Lover » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Agreed - did that search and it was trying to redirect to something about sweepstakes ... I believe that top item is an ad that is malicious.
Lipstick Lover
LipstickFetish.Org
LipstickFetish.Org

Thanks given: 40 times
Thanks received: 68 times

Postby Wolfboy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Very strange - did it for me twice (redirecting to two different sites, both blocked by Firefox) but now it works fine. Wish I'd paid more attention to the results page to see whether it was an ad. I run Adblock so in theory shouldn't see them. Unless the search results had been poisoned, which seems unlikely.

Full malware scan on my PC comes up clean.

I'll move this to the support forum as it's more appropriate.
Wolfboy
LipstickFetish.Org
LipstickFetish.Org

Thanks given: 77 times
Thanks received: 62 times

Postby JonQ2 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Still having that problem - redirecting to some sweepstakes site and then trying to run up some malware, but getting blocked.
I find that if I use that link, then go 'back' and use it again it's fine. It only tries to install that crap and redirect you on the first attempt.
JonQ2

Return to Announcements and Site Support